Personal information1 includes any factual or subjective information, recorded about an identifiable individual. Allergan Inc. collects personal information only for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with our customers and suppliers in order to provide you with ongoing services
- To establish and maintain communications with you
- To understand your needs and recommend suitable products and services
- To conduct scientific research on the efficacy of our products
- To develop, enhance and market our products and services
- To manage personnel and employment matters
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
Allergan Inc. will not use your personal information for any other purpose without your consent.
We will obtain your consent before we:
- Check your employment references
- Obtain a credit report
- Use your personal information in any other manner not listed in this policy
- Disclose your personal information to a third party who is acting on our behalf as our agent, supplier or service provider. Such entities are required to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information and to use such information solely for purposes related to the provision of Allergan Inc.
Your consent can be express or implied. Express consent can be verbal, written or by electronic application. You imply consent when we can reasonably conclude that you have given consent by some action taken or when you decide not to take action. For example, implied consent is when you submit your resume for employment or when you voluntarily provide personal information while visiting our web sites.
Children under the age of 13 should always get permission from their parents or guardians before providing personal information about themselves (such as name, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc.) over the internet. Allergan Inc. will not intentionally encourage any child to register on any of our web sites. If a child has provided Allergan Inc. with personal information, their parents or guardian should contact Allergan Inc. (see contact information at end of policy).
You can withdraw your consent any time after you have given it to us, provided there are no legal requirements to prevent this. However, you should be aware that your withdrawal of consent cannot affect information that has already been used by Allergan.
A "cookie" is a small line of text that is stored within your browser when you visit a cookie-enabled website. As you browse the Web, cookie-enabled sites will send cookies to your browser, along with pages. Your browser probably has options that will let you control whether the browser accepts cookies, rejects cookies or notifies you each time a cookie is sent to you.
If your browser is set to reject cookies, cookie-enabled websites will not recognize you when you return. This provides you with anonymity, but it also makes it very difficult to offer you customized services.
If your browser is set to accept cookies, any cookies that are sent to your browser are stored in your computer for a period of time. There are a few different types of cookies. A "session" cookie is stored only in your computer’s working memory (RAM) and lasts for your browsing session. When you close all of your browser’s windows, or when you shut down your computer, the session cookie disappears forever. A "permanent" cookie is stored on your computer’s hard drive until a specified date, which could be tomorrow, next week, or 10 years from now. Permanent cookies stay on your computer until either:
- they expire
- they are overwritten with newer cookies
- you manually remove them
Nous nous servons parfois de témoins pour mettre au point les paramètres de sites Web génériques et pour améliorer votre expérience en ligne.
Allergan Inc. will maintain your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Our employees who have access to your information are trained on how to keep it confidential. Our computer specialists build security systems in all our computers applications to protect the confidentiality of your information.
Your information is destroyed when it is no longer needed. We keep your information only as long as we need it for the purpose it was collected or to meet any legal requirements. We have record retention standards which meet these requirements.
Openness concerning policies and practices
Allergan Inc. will make available to customers, suppliers and employees specific information about its policies and practices relating to its management of Personal Information.
Customers, suppliers and employees access to personal information
Allergan Inc. will inform customers, suppliers and employees of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information upon written request. The individual will have access to that information and will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
Allergan Inc. has designated a Chief Privacy Officer who is accountable for compliance of this policy. You will be able to address a challenge concerning compliance by contacting 1-800-668-6424, ext. 2006 or by writing to:
Chief Privacy Officer
85 Enterprise Blvd.
- Personal Information does not include name, title, business address, email address or telephone number of a business, professional person or employee of an organization